Cliff walks|mindful trails|nutritious and delicious locally sourced food|oriental gardens
stand up paddle boarding in the bay|stillness|fun…all with the idyllic Faithlegg House Hotel as your base.
Check in at Faithlegg House Hotel
Set in a stunning woodland location with fabulous views over the Suir estuary in County Waterford, Faithlegg is a beautifully restored 18th Century mansion at its heart. Situated just 6 miles from Waterford, it’s a charming destination for a leisure break, wedding, meeting or conference.
Dining is always a pleasure at Faithlegg, where talented Award Winning Head Chef Jenny Flynn takes pride in creating delicious dishes showcasing the very best of local ingredients in the two AA rosette award winning Roseville Rooms Restaurant. The Aylward Lounge in the main house and the Red Cedar Lounge in the Golf Club are the perfect choice for a more casual dining experience. FAITHLEGG HOUSE HOTEL
Day 1: To the waters and the wild
We assemble at Faithlegg House Hotel. We will have refreshments waiting for you after your journey and your luggage can be stored at the hotel. Be dressed for the outdoor. Within an hour, we will be hiking across the headland in Dunmore East with some paddle boarding and a boat trip to follow.
Our aim for this Inside Outside retreat is to help you press pause, step off the treadmill of your busy life and re-connect with yourself and renew your body, mind and spirit. The calming and invigorating influence of nature will renew us every step of the way.
* Before we set out on each day’s adventure, we will retreat to our very own sanctuary in the gardens at Faithlegg House Hotel for some mindful moments by the river’s edge. This will help you become completely immersed in the present, releasing any pain or tension from your body and de-clutter those busy minds.
By now we are ready to set our intentions for the journey ahead and so the fun and adventure begins!
* Mid morning, we take our coach transfer to Dunmore East for an early morning cliff walk. The hike from Ballymacaw to Dunmore East is 8km of stunning beauty. Along the way we pass the picturesque coves of Rathmoylan and Portally. Here, along the headland, we walk in the steps of those who have walked this way before. This age-old pathway has been centuries in the making. It’s a hidden gem that you will not want to end.
As we hike along the headland, energy ripples in symmetry with the dancing of the waves. What we observe leaves lasting imprints; the magical hues of the azure ocean as it laps onto the flat rocks, the languid majesty of the seal as it basks in the sun, the silhouette of Hook Lighthouse as it peers out through misty skies.
Dunmore East is the perfect ‘still zone’ to ease us back to where we belong. Here we’ll have some light refreshments in the Lemon Tree Restaurant before we take to the sea for the next stage of our Dunmore East odyssey.
* Paddle boarding in the Bay is just beautiful. To ‘walk on water’ through nature is a unique experience. We will stay close to the shoreline and fully qualified instructors from the Dunmore East Adventure will lead the way. Trust yourself and trust the universe. It is as liberating as it gets!
* Our boat trip is the highlight of the day, where you will have the opportunity to experience the beautiful Waterford coastline, gain perspective and have some fun pulling lobster pots!
We’ll return to the hotel each evening for 16.00. You can avail of the time to sample the Spa Experience at Faithlegg, chill out by the pool or even play some golf. This time is for you!
Dinner served that evening at 19.00 with the option of Yoga Nidra to help you sleep soundly at 21.30.
Day 2: From source to the sea
Morning mindfulness practice in the gardens, grounding exercise and light stretching before breakfast.
A hearty and healthy breakfast to set you up for an active day. Options include homemade granola, fruit, yogurt, porridge, choice of eggs, smoked salmon, avocado toast and homemade brown bread.
* Our day begins with a gentle 3km stroll along the magnificent Waterford Greenway . Here, along the banks of the River Suir, we slow-down in line with the rivers flow and tune into the frequency of the universe…
Early morning by the river is so peaceful, almost mystical. Each step slows the rhythm right down. It’s like being transported back in time; passing the moorings of old along the riverbanks, soaking in the wonderful aromas from the adjoining Mount Congreve Gardens, hearing the old locomotive train follow the century’s old pathway into the city. Memorable on so many levels.
* We take a coach transfer to the Mahon Falls in the heart of the Comeragh Mountains and follow the rivers flow through Crough Woods below…
This 6 km trail leads you beyond the world as you know it. It’s as though you arrive somewhere that civilisation has yet to reach. High up beyond the peaceful majesty of the woods lies this amphitheatre of rock that has stood there for over 300 million years. The Falls echo from the heart of stone in ways that lingers long after the visit has passed.
* We follow the path of the river to where it meanders its way beneath the viaduct in Kilmacthomas and from there to where the river flows into the sea at Bonmahon.
In the distant skyline, we can see the Falls from where the river began. Bunmahon(‘Bun Machan’, meaning ‘river-mouth of Mahon’), inspires in its beauty and in its wildness. We take the short trail across the headland to arrive at Tra na mBó – a hidden gem on the Copper Coast, to sit awhile and just breathe in the freshness of it all.
* The 20 km coach transfer back to Tramore provides us with breath-taking views along the Copper Coast UNESCO Global Geopark. Time to soak in the unique history of this special coastline… and its beauty. There will be time for a dip in the sea in the Guillamene before lunch and some mindful moments in the stunning surrounds of the Lafcadio Hearn Gardens.
Dinner for 7pm with option of Yoga Nidra at 9.30pm to help you sleep soundly.
Visit to the Lacadio Hearn Japanese Gardens
DISCOVER THE STORY OF LAFCADIO HEARN, THROUGH ELEVEN UNIQUE GARDEN AREAS
These Authentic Japanese Gardens are set in the beautiful seaside town of Tramore, County Waterford, Ireland. These stunning gardens reflect the life and extensive wanderings of Patrick Lafcadio Hearn (Koizumi Yakumo), who grew up in Ireland, and whose life journey embraced several parts of the world. The gardens pay homage to the fame he attained in Japan through his incomparable literary descriptions of the people, customs and culture of that country.
Follow Lafcadio Hearn’s life journey, first through the Victorian Garden, then to the American and Greek gardens, until you eventually arrive in the Japanese gardens which feature many Japanese plants and Japanese architectural features. The Lafcadio Hearn Japanese Gardens are a haven of beauty and tranquility for all who visit.
Day 3: Stillness by the sea – Trá Mhór
* Early morning ‘Minaun trail’ from the hotel through the adjoining woods up to take in the amazing vista that stretches from Passage East on your side of the River Suir to Hook Head on the other.
Breakfast at 9.30 before departure to Tramore.
* Sand Dunes Walk – Trá Mhór. The 10km loop around the dunes is best done when the tide is out and before the crowds arrive.
Tramore beach leads to a line of some of the highest sand dunes in Ireland, backed by a salt marsh and is home to some rare seaside plants and interesting wildlife. The sand dunes have been developing for over 5000 years and are constantly under change due to wind and sand deposits covered in Marram Grass slowing down erosion.
Each step along the beach brings you closer to where you need to be. Waves roll into shore to remind us that we are part of something far greater than ourselves. The world may not have changed on our return but somehow we have.
Tea and scones by the sea before departure for home at 14.00. Let the journey begin!
The Wellbeing Way Team……………..
Sinead has engaged passionately in the field of team and leadership development for 30 years now, having commenced her working life as an Organisation Development consultant for Motorola University. Her career has spanned many leadership roles including most recently the Head of Organisation Capability DAA and Head of Human Resources at Dublin Airport where she led her team to win the national training and development awards.
Today, Sinead provides consultancy, facilitation and executive coaching services to a range of leaders and executives from diverse sectors including AIB, Permanent TSB, Bank of Ireland, Deloitte, Accenture, KPMG, Hannover Re, Merit Medical, Bausch & Lomb, Nua Healthcare, Maynooth University, UCD, Trinity College Dublin amongst others.
Her signature style is to create a dynamic, open and trusting environment where clients can access their best thinking, enhance their ‘inner game’ and gain confidence to lead authentically with courage and conviction. Sinead brings a wealth of expertise to the Great Re-connect team, gifted with a warm, engaging nature she conveys her sincere interest in supporting her clients to reach for their dreams and fulfil their true potential.
A love of lifelong learning coupled with a curious mindset has meant that Sinead has studied and qualified in diverse fields including facilitation, executive coaching, positive psychology, NLP, personality profiling, mindfulness, Emotional Intelligence and energy.
A proud mother to two teenage daughters Sinead relishes motherhood, adventures with her family, hiking and swimming in the great outdoors and sharing experiences with her tribe of ‘hiking hussies’.
Deirdre is a business owner, coach and mother to 4 children ranging in age from 14 to 21. She is passionate about living life to the full and pushing yourself beyond your comfort zone to see what’s on the other side!! Her mantra is “feel the fear and do it anyway” which has seen her compete in marathons, long distance mountain hikes and sea swims.
Her fascination with wellness and personal wellbeing stemmed from her 20 years experience in early years education. From observing children busy at play she became aware that we are all born perfectly imperfect and at home in our own skin until the realisation that society has “a role for us to play” causes us to forget who we really are and what makes our souls sing. This observation has sparked a passionate love affair with all things mindfulness, wellness and holistic living.
Deirdre’s many areas of study include personal and business coaching, addiction coaching, NLP, self-compassion practice, mindset change, emotional intelligence, personal growth and equality and diversity. Deirdre’s natural warmth and enthusiasm has helped clients move beyond a mindset of fear and doubt to a mindset of possibilities and courage.
Phil and Elaine Brennan
Phil and Elaine set out on their Waterford Camino adventure in 2017 and have been welcoming visitors from near and far ever since. In many ways they have chosen the path less travelled as a career option but for both of them there is no turning back. Phil is a former teacher with a recent PhD in Spirituality and Elaine is a former café manager who has ventured into tourism project management for the first time.
An accomplished musician and composer, Phil formed the Island of Ireland Peace Choir in the aftermath of a bomb in Omagh, Northern Ireland in 1998 that claimed 31 lives. The choir has become synonymous with the promotion of peace and inclusivity through their music. Over the past few years, Phil has worked as Musical Director with the High Hopes Homeless Choir and created opportunities for this choir to tour the country and spread their message through their song and the power of their story.
Phil and Elaine started out on their Camino journey 4 years ago and love nothing more than to roll out mindful experiences in the great outdoors. Tramore is their home. Each journey starts and ends from the shoreline. Phil’s reflective musings are posted monthly on PHIL’S BLOG
The ‘inside out experience’ is more than just a break away. It will leave you feeling refreshed, energised and wanting more. The universe works its own unique brand of magic. We just create the conditions and allow the rest to happen. Let the journey begin!READ PHIL’S BLOG ON THE WELLBEING WAY
- 2 nights bed, breakfast in Faithlegg House Hotel.
- 4 course dinner in Faithlegg House Hotel both evenings.
- Mindful guided experiences along the stunning Waterford coastline led by our 5 star team.
- Luxury coach transfers.
- Stand up paddle boarding with SUP Dunmore East in the Bay.
- Boat trip in the ‘Keltoi Warrior’ around the Bay in Dunmore East with Brendan Glody.
- Lunch provided by ‘Azzurro’ Dunmore East.
- Private tour of Lafcadio Hearn Japanese Gardens, Tramore with lunch.