A very special 6 Day Camino Experience in association with Journeying that will retrace the footsteps of those who have gone before. Walking these trails with Phil and Elaine will leave imprints that will last a lifetime.
Every day, you can expect something totally different to what has gone before; a mountain trail one day, an old coastal pilgrim path another, a cliff walk, even a cycle on the Waterford Greenway or a walk around the mystical lakes at Glendalough.
- Comeragh Mountains: One of Ireland’s best kept secrets, the Comeraghs offer everything from a dramatic waterfall to an age-old pathway that follows the River Mahon through a cathedral of rock to the woods below.
- St. Declan’s Way: Walk in the footsteps of St. Declan setting out on stunning cliff walk around Ardmore and later arriving in timeless surrounds of Lismore, taking in signature points on Ireland’s original Camino along the way.
- Waterford Greenway: A journey through time by foot or bicycle on this old railway line against the towering backdrop of the Comeragh Mountains on one side and the Atlantic Ocean on the other.
- To the waters and the wild: Coastal tour through the Copper Coast UNESCO Global Geopark with a beach walk in Tramore followed by a cliff walk and boat trip in the fishing village of Dunmore East.
- Glendalough – the journey home: Guided walk through the mystical surrounds of this ‘valley of the two lakes’ to soak in the peace and beauty that first captivated St. Kevin some 1,500 years ago.
Our base for the 6 days is Brownes Townhouse, 6 Mitchell Street, Dungarvan, County Waterford. Your meals are lovingly prepared for you every day and served at your convenience. Your accommodation is beautiful, your luxury coach transfers are meticulously planned, to maximise your time with us. All you have to do is show up. You simply leave the rest to us!
Included in the 6 Day Waterford Camino Experience…
- 5 nights in Brownes Townhouse, Dungarvan.
- Breakfast, packed lunch and evening dinner for each of the 6 days. Elaine will see to it that we’ll never go hungry and that we’ll have a lovely meal to return to each evening.
- Reflective ‘compass points’ each day led by Dr Phil Brennan
- Luxury coach transfers.
- Bike hire, boat trip and Irish Tapas and Music Reception in Waterford Treasures.
- Taizé style vigil in St. Mary’s Church, Dungarvan on one of the evenings, with music led by members of the Island of Ireland Peace Choir.
- Meal out in local restaurant on the final evening.
Special price per person sharing from €795* (off-season), to €995* during the summer months (€30 per night, single supplement).
Ideal group size of 12 to 16 persons.
For further details on this Special Camino in association with Journeying, contact Dr Phil and Elaine, directly at firstname.lastname@example.org